This non-paid internship program is designed to provide interns with a realistic, hands-on view of the job requirements and job responsibilities of the marketing and public relations in a progressive health care environment.
Benefits to student:
- Documentation necessary for academic credit for work completed during internship.
- Opportunity for string book materials and byline recognition in internal publications.
- Cafeteria discount.
Projects and responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
- Write, edit and prepare correspondence and news releases as assigned.
- Research/produce articles for web page and publications including employee newsletter, physician newsletter and other internal publications.
- Assists with newspaper clips and photo files.
- Assists with inventory, filing projects and assembling mailings.
- Assist with physician and industry marketing.
- Updates media mailing list.
- Shoots photos of events as assigned.
- Assists with special events.
- Performs miscellaneous job functions as assigned.
Candidate should have:
- Academic approval for course credit for internship.
- Completed at least two years of study in courses related to field of journalism, public relations, marketing or communications. (With advisor’s recommendation, candidate may be currently enrolled in courses to meet this obligation.)
- Strong writing and organizational skills.
- Experience or familiarity with basic journalism practices and AP style.
- Microsoft Word, Access or similar word processing and data base experience.
- Reliable transportation.
- Willingness to commit not less than 10 hours a week (or as needed for course credit) at Deaconess Hospital marketing office, located in the Deaconess Professional Building, 5300 N. Grand, Oklahoma City. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Ability to dress professionally, following Deaconess dress code.
Interested applicants should send writing samples, copies of their transcripts and resume to:
5501 N. Portland
Oklahoma City, OK 73112