Mission Statement: Dedicated to the advancement of MDA’s mission, the Association’s advocacy efforts are committed to making life better for people with muscular dystrophy. Through representation in matters of public policy and research advancement, nationally and internationally, we strive to be an effective voice for the hundreds of thousands of Americans served by MDA. We aim to encourage and facilitate active involvement of people with these diseases in the community at large as well as in matters of public policy that are of specific concern to those with disabilities. MDA’s percentage of income allocated to program services is among the highest of all nations’ largest voluntary health agencies, according to the Chronicle of Philanthropy.
- The Non- Profit Times 100 report on America’s charities reported MDA ranked #1 in percentage of total income received from the public.
- U.S. News & World Report cited MDA as one of the most recognized charities in the nation.
- MDA is the first non-profit organization honored with the American Medical Association’s Lifetime Achievement Award for “significant and lasting contributions to the health and welfare of humanity”.
- Money Magazine, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine, and The Non-Profit Times have all recognized MDA as one of the country’s best managed non-profit health agencies.
For more information on MDA please visit the Web site at http://www.mda.org/
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: part-time, not paid
Job Functions: Marketing relations, public affairs, event planning and public relations.
MDA is seeking highly experienced, highly motivated Public Affairs Coordinator Intern to join our team.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a willingness to really dig in and get involved immediately
- Assists the District Director and Program Coordinator in the organization, development, and implementation of the special events
- Be an expert developing and implementing industry-leading creative concepts
- This one is a MUST: Have impeccable communications skills. The ability to nurture relationships with our clients, vendors, and our employees
- Have the ability to brainstorm, think creatively and work within a team
- Be an expert at managing and meeting aggressive deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Be willingly to take direction from staff members
- Positive attitude is a must!
Minimum Work Requirements:
- Must be a Junior - Graduate
- Work 16 hours or more ( will work around class schedule)
- Preferable getting degree in Marketing, PR or related field.
Send resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org