Science Museum Oklahoma, Oklahoma’s only science museum and Smithsonian affiliate, enriches people’s lives by revealing the wonder and relevance of science. With more than 350 hands-on science exhibits and discovery-based educational activities, planetarium and dome theater, Science Museum Oklahoma provides an engaging and enlightening experience for visitors of all ages.
- Strong writing, editing and proofing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in word processing and computer skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Public relations or marketing major
- Junior or senior
- Knowledgeable in AP style
- Proficient writer
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to dedicate 15-20 hours per week to an internship
Duties and Tasks
- Assist Communications department with maintenance of multiple databases.
- Assist in keeping archives of news releases, newspaper clippings and photographs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of public relations strategies and Museum-related events.
- Assist with the planning for and conducting of events, working closely with other departments as needed.
- Write news releases as assigned. Scheduling, interviewing and gathering information related to news release subject.
- Provide assistance for public relations/marketing/advertising projects to Communications department.
- Follow approval guidelines, policies and procedures of Science Museum Oklahoma.
- Willingness to learn in a flexible environment.
Work Hours: Flexible. Internship hours are during regular working hours unless assisting with events. This will be a for-credit, unpaid internship.
E-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.