Position Location: Tulsa, Okla.
Alzheimer’s Association Oklahoma and Arkansas Chapter: Marketing Internship
The internship program at the Alzheimer’s Association Oklahoma and Arkansas Chapter is designed to provide interns with a realistic, hands-on perspective of the marketing/public relations profession. In the process, interns gain valuable, resume-building skills, experiences and work samples.
Coursework in communications, public relations or related field preferred. Must possess a willingness to work with a diverse group of individuals. Must have good organizational, customer service, excellent computer and time management skills.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Write and edit correspondence including news releases, web stories and magazine articles for a variety of clients.
- Assist with promotions and events.
- Collaborate and communicate with other members of the Marketing and Program Department
- Assist in the preparation of organization newsletter
- Website administration: develop local chapter presence on social media sites including Twitter, MySpace and Facebook, and regularly update content provided by VP of Marketing and Programs
- Provide a weekly report with status of projects and hours spent on projects
Candidate Should Have:
- Academic approval for internship course credit.
- Completed at least two years of study in journalism/public relations degree tract.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, InDesign, Photoshop, e-mail, Internet and PowerPoint.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience and familiarity with basic journalism practices and AP style.
- Strong desire to participate in a team environment.
- Professional dress and demeanor.
- At least 10-15 hours a week to devote to the internship. Hours are flexible. May work from home computer with access to email and Internet.
Tonda Ames, VP of Marketing and Programs 918-481-7782