Position Location: Oklahoma City, Okla.
World Neighbors, an international non-profit headquartered in Oklahoma City, is seeking public relations and marketing interns for their marketing and communications department. These non-paid internships will support the marketing team with special events planning, Web marketing, writing, handling media outreach, corporate outreach, some administrative tasks and other duties as assigned.
The intern will:
- Help plan the Journey Around the World gala event
- Write copy for e-communications, articles for Neighbors (World Neighbors quarterly magazine) and Web site
- Assist with corporate sponsorship outreach
- Update social networking sites
- Work in conjunction with VP Marketing & Communications to promote events and programs
Assist with event committees providing administrative support
Applicants should be able to work a minimum of 10 hours a week. A background in marketing or PR is desired. The intern chosen will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge in marketing/PR and experience with a well-respected international organization. This position is an unpaid internship but may earn college credit for this position.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Erin Engelke at email@example.com.