Position Location: Oklahoma City, Okla.
Organization: Sunbeam Family Services, Inc.
Supervised By: Director of Marketing and Development
For more than 102 years, Sunbeam Family Services has served central Oklahoma’s most vulnerable citizens. Our mission is to provide affordable, quality social services which result in improved individual and family functioning. All services are provided on a sliding-scale fee basis or free of charge, and include early-childhood, senior, foster care and counseling services.
Sunbeam’s Marketing and Development Internship will provide intern participants with a realistic, involved perspective of public relations, marketing and development/fundraising within a non-profit agency. During the course of the internship, valuable, resume-enhancing skills, experiences and abilities will be acquired. Interns will assist in marketing and development functions for the agency, as well as for Sunbeam’s Counseling, Early Childhood Services, Foster Care and Senior Services programs. The participant will have a unique opportunity to see how an agency’s marketing and public relations activities are managed, how to successfully work with and utilize volunteers, how to generate funding for non-profit programs, how to write grants, and how to garner public awareness for an agency’s social service programs. This is a wonderful opportunity to build an impressive portfolio and increase your professional networking opportunities.
- Assist in content development and publication of quarterly agency newsletter
- Assist with cultivation and maintenance of relationships with local media
- Assist in the preparation of agency presentations
- Assist with community awareness of agency services, including supporting development of brochures, reports, press releases and other materials
- Assist with Sunbeam’s social media plans
- Assist in the writing of grants, completing grant reports and conducting grant research
- Assist in event planning for the agency and its programs
- Assist with other duties, as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Communicates effectively through both written word and verbal delivery
- Communicates and cooperates with diverse individuals, various professionals and community groups
- Exercises discretion in handling confidential information and materials
- Communicates and respond in a manner that consistently demonstrates respect and concern
- Manages time efficiently, sets priorities, is detail-oriented, solves problems and has the ability to multi-task
- Professional dress and demeanor
- Intermediate knowledge of computer applications, including word processing software in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), desktop publishing software and the ability to learn and utilize other computer technology and software programs as needed.
- Experience in use of standard office equipment (ex: copier, fax, printer, etc)
- Experience or skills in graphic design is a plus.
- Current Undergraduate (junior or senior) or Graduate standing.
- Major or emphasis in mass communications/communications, public relations, or business marketing and considering a career in marketing and development.
Deadline: January 31, 2009.
Hours: Flexible; Based upon individual schedule.
Non-paid; College credit available
Please e-mail cover letter (1 page only, please) and resume to:
Ms. Kelli Dupuy
Director of Marketing and Development
Sunbeam Family Services, Inc.