Gain more experience with an internship at Frontier City and White Water Bay and get paid for it. This March thru October experience lets you work the Summer Concert Series, Dive in Movies, La Fiesta, costume character appearances and much more. You get the opportunity to design ads and posters, coordinate with the media, visit with guests and be an ambassador for the parks.
This position is responsible for assisting the marketing team with various projects and programs including radio and TV promotions, special events, concert support, web administration and public relations efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Marketing Director and Marketing Manager with various departmental functions
- Assist in the execution of in-park media events and promotions
- Produce a media status report on a weekly basis
- Respond to guest and media inquiries
- Escort reporters/photographers on park property
- Distribute press releases
- Create and assemble press kits and media deliveries
- Assist with planning and implementation of radio and TV promotions
- Maintain website information
- Plan and execute Fright Fest and BooVille activities
- Assist Guest Relations
- Field incoming marketing calls
- General office management such as copying, faxing and general correspondence (i.e. fax distribution, paper supplies, etc.)
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong analytical skills
- Organized and detail orientated with a proven ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Self-Starter, capable of adapting to any work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
- Strong oral communications and listening skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Working knowledge of Photoshop
- Ability to lift and carry 25 to 30 pounds.
All other duties assigned or necessary to support the parks as a whole. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, or technological developments) dictate.
This position is a paid seasonal internship at $8/hour that runs March 8, 2010 through November 13, 2010.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: Frontier City/White Water Bay
Attn: Andrea Pennock
11501 NE Expressway
Oklahoma City, OK 73131
or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone calls, please