Position Location: Oklahoma City, Okla.
To assist the OBA’s Communications Department in its efforts to communicate with OBA members and to help execute public service projects.
Interns will be required to:
- Help the OBA prepare for the statewide Law Day event in April:
- assist with preparing news releases for statewide Law Day events
- assist with PR efforts to publicize the OBA’s “Ask A Lawyer” free legal advice day
- prepare Law Day participation certificates and coordinate mailing to teachers
- Fill requests for brochures provided as a public service.
- Maintain database of newspaper clippings.
- Write and edit copy for Oklahoma Bar Journal.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong writing skills required. Please submit writing sample with resume.
- Ability to pass AP style test
- Juniors or seniors majoring in public relations, journalism or communications
- Work at OBA office at 1901 N. Lincoln Blvd., Oklahoma City. Free parking next to building.
- Work approximately 12-18 hours per week (hours/days flexible)
- Pays $7.25 - $10/hour
- Internship may also be used for college credit
- To learn more about the OBA, visit www.okbar.org
Please e-mail a cover letter, resume and writing sample to Melissa Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org