Posted Aug. 5, 2009
On behalf of the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma, Crosby~Volmer International Communications is requesting the assistance of college and university students in our statewide outreach efforts to inform and educate Oklahomans about the fight against hunger in the Sooner state. This undertaking will make a monumental impact on the estimated 500,000 Oklahomans who are at risk of hunger every day, and your cooperation is requested to ensure its success.
Crosby~Volmer is recruiting PR and Communications students from 53 counties who will join a grassroots public relations network called ‘Network 53.’ The students will act as public relations liasons for the Regional Food Bank, providing local media with press releases, delivering media advisories, coordinating speaking engagements and looking for media opportunities. Crosby~Volmer will teach, equip and coordinate students for Network 53, and serve as the main point of contact for all communications activities. This internship is non-paid, but we are offering academic credit hours.
As a member of Network 53, students will have an excellent opportunity to build their professional resumes while providing personal media outreach that positively affects their communities.
Public relations firm Crosby~Volmer International Communications and the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma have teamed up to offer qualified students or recent graduates the exciting opportunity for a collaborative long-distance Fall 2009 internship.
Benefits to intern:
- Gain valuable industry knowledge
- Build resume by accumulating evidence of abilities
- Make professional contacts
Daily duties include, but are not limited to:
- Compiling media lists
- Writing press releases
- Research and organizational projects
- Making pitch calls
- Assisting with social media plans and strategies
- General administrative duties
- Organized with a proven ability to multi-task
- Able to adhere to strict deadlines and take detailed direction
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel desired
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to conduct research through various methods
3-5 hrs per week (will work with students based on their schedules)
Please send resume and cover letter to Andrea Kurys, firstname.lastname@example.org.