Posted July 21, 2009
Anglin Public Relations is a full-service public relations firm in Oklahoma City, providing research, consultation, planning, and program implementation to help businesses communicate more effectively with existing clients and reach potential new clients.
The internship program at Anglin Public Relations is designed to provide interns with a realistic, hands-on perspective of the public relations profession. In the process, interns gain valuable, resume-building skills, experiences and work samples.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Write and edit correspondence including letters, news releases, web stories and magazine articles for a variety of clients.
- Provide media relations planning, support and follow up.
- Assist with client promotions and events.
- Assist with formal and informal research projects.
- Participate in the planning and creative process for developing public relations and advertising campaigns and programs.
- Collaborate and communicate with other members of the public relations team.
Candidate Should Have:
- Academic approval for internship course credit.
- Completed at least two years of study in journalism/public relations degree tract.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, e-mail, Internet and Powerpoint.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience and familiarity with basic journalism practices and AP style.
- Strong desire to participate in a team environment.
- Professional dress and demeanor.
- At least 20-25 hours a week to devote to the internship. Hours are flexible.
- Applicants must be enrolled in college. Graduates will not be considered.
$7 per hour. Position does not qualify for benefits. Semester-long internships are available year-round. Submit cover letter and resume to:
Anglin Public Relations, Inc.
201 N.W. 63rd, Ste. 305
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
Office: (405) 840-4222 Fax: (405) 840-4333