Purpose: Assist the Oklahoma Community Institute (OCI) in delivering its mission to be a catalyst that enables and encourages Oklahoma citizens to improve their communities.
- Assist Public Relations department in writing and promoting newsworthy stories to increase OCI’s visibility
- Coordinates and implements marketing projects to increase organization awareness.
- Prepares press releases regarding organization’s activities and events
- Contributing writer in OCI’s newsletter
- Organizes the preparation of proposals using marketing resource materials such as brochures, photographs, and reports.
- Marketing or Public Relations Major or related field
- Basic knowledge of website maintenance
- Good organizational skills and able to work in fast pace environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in timely manner
- Microsoft computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (Adobe InDesign CS4)
- Good communications skills both written and verbal
- Friendly, outgoing, helpful personality
- Be physically able to perform all duties of the job, which may include extensive standing and/or walking
Reports to Executive Director and Programs Director
Length of Appointment September – May (Potential full-time position)
Paid Position - $7.25 an hour / College credit if applicable
Time Commitment Flexible schedule available. 10-12 hours a week.
If interested in the internship opportunity, please send resume and cover letter to:
Oklahoma Community Institute
PO Box 1113
Oklahoma City, OK 73101