Science Museum Oklahoma (about 5 miles south of OC), the state’s premier destination for family fun, houses over eight acres of hands-on science experiences, with thousands of space, aviation and cultural artifacts in the mix. With brand new exhibits, the excitement of live entertainment shows, one-of-a-kind IMAX film experiences and a newly renovated Science Floor, Science Museum Oklahoma rocks. As the state’s only physical science museum and a Smithsonian Affiliate, Science Museum Oklahoma reveals the wonder and relevance of science in our everyday lives. From traveling beyond the Milky Way in the Planetarium Theater to witnessing live explosions in Science Live, the Museum provides a safe environment for letting your inner-child run wild.
- Strong writing, editing and proofing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in word processing and computer skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Public relations or marketing major
- Junior or senior
- Knowledgeable in AP style
- Proficient writer
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to dedicate 15-20 hours per week to an internship
Duties and Tasks
- Assist Communications department with maintenance of multiple databases.
- Assist in keeping archives of news releases, newspaper clippings and photographs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of public relations strategies and Museum-related events.
- Assist with the planning for and conducting events, working closely with other departments as needed.
- Write news releases as assigned. Scheduling, interviewing and gathering information related to news release subject.
- Provide assistance for public relations/marketing/advertising projects to Communications department.
- Follow approval guidelines, policies and procedures of Science Museum Oklahoma.
- Willingness to learn in a flexible environment.
Work Hours: Flexible. Internship hours are during regular working hours unless assisting with events. This will be a for-credit, unpaid internship.
E-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.