Position Location: Oklahoma City, Okla.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Primary Purpose: To assist the PR/Marketing department in all aspects of public relations and marketing.
Principal Duties and Respnsibilities
- Maintain Style Guide, promoting standardized communications
- Assist with Special Events, including, but not limited to:
- Hunger Action Month (Sept)
- Students Against Hunger food drive (Oct/Nov)
- Chefs’ Feast (March)
- Feeding Hope and Letter Carriers’ Food Drive (May/June)
- Participate as a member of the marketing and development team and participate in activities that further the goals and objectives of the department and the mission of the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma
- Write press releases
- Prepare press kits
- Organize and maintain clippings
- Update media lists
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Must be enrolled in a 2 or 4 year university. Must work 12-20 hours a week. Must be detail-oriented, enthusiastic and organized. Intern must receive academic credit for the internship.
Desired Personal Characteristics and Professional Requirements
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
- A pro-active approach to projects
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- A desire to be part of an innovative, entrepreneurial organization with the ability to prioritize, move quickly, and maintain strong follow-through in a dynamic environment
- Superior writing and oral communications skills; the ability to understand and translate information for intended audiences with clarity, crispness and elegance
- A deep appreciation for, and an ability to articulate, the mission of the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals. Bilingual is a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must maintain any and all professional licensing requirements. Must have valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel, and talk or listen. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please send a cover letter and your resume via email to Angie Gaines at email@example.com. This internship is not paid.